|Property Name:||Former St. Paul’s Methodist Church|
|Address:||118 Vine Street|
|Owners:||St. Mark’s Coptic Orthodox Church|
The historic St. Paul’s Lutheran Church at 118 Vine Street in Shipoke has been vacant for several years and is on the market for sale. This gothic revival edifice was built in 1898 and retains many of its original architectural features and character of a turn-of-the-century Harrisburg church. In 2006 the building was given to Harris Street UMC for possible use as a community center, but that did not occur and the property was sold to St. Mark’s Coptic Orthodox Church in 2009. That congregation ultimately decided to acquire the former Memorial Lutheran Church at 17th and State Streets and put the Vine Street property up for sale. This property can be renovated and returned to an operational religious facility, or transformed into a creative adaptive-reuse project.